Made in Danner's Portland, Oregon, factory, the Mountain Pass was created to be a lighter weight and more versatile hiking boot that still reflects the classic Danner styling. Built with light hikes and city streets in mind, the overall design is inspired by the original Mountain Light with an updated construction method that integrates the shank, midsole and lasting board into a single piece. This new, unified platform, combined with a low profile Vibram outsole, results in a significantly reduced weight and creates an out-of-the-box comfort that doesn't come standard with most classic hiking boots.
- Horween Leather - a naturally treated leather providing a unique aesthetic for each hide, which may result in some variation amongst pairs of boots. On any boot that uses Horween Chromexcel leathers, you may see a slight amount of blooming, which is a natural characteristic of this type of leather.
- GORE-TEX liner ensures that no water gets in while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Leather-Lined Collar - provides extra padding at the ankle for an easier break-in period.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed - three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support.
- Vibram® Kletterlift Thin Outsole - specifically designed for comfort and durability for everyday use, while reducing height and weight from the traditional Kletterlift outsole.
- Stitchdown Construction - handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot.