Drawing on decades of experience designing premium hiking boots, Danner originally created the Vertigo boot in 2009. The Vertigo 917 combines classic styling and innovation in a new, modernized boot. The technical Vibram® midsole and outsole, full-grain leather upper and waterproof GORE-TEX® liner make the Vertigo 917 the ideal boot for the urban explorer.
- GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed - three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Vibram® SPE Midsole- this rubberized EVA midsole maintains the same cushioning properties as traditional EVA, but is more durable and won’t break down as easily. This technology enhances rebound, comfort and support.
- Vibram® 917 Outsole - exclusivelymade for Danner this outsole features XS Trek rubber compound for an optimal balance of durability and traction in wet conditions on the trail or city streets.
- Modernized Stitchdown Construction - combines our traditional stitchdown technique with cup sole construction that allows the boot to keep a wider platform while eliminating the need for a buffed sidewall. This gives our sneaker boots a modern aesthetic and lightweight, flexible finish.